He made a moment...

He made a moment...

Monday, February 8, 2010

Makin Music...

Chad bought this guitar for me over 7 yrs ago..I haven't done much with it, not because I didn't want to but because I didn't know how to play it, I've always wanted to play the guitar even as a child but never had the opportunity to do so. But about a two in half months ago I decide to pick it up again and really learn this time however I got frustrated again because I couldn't understand how to read music or to keep rhythm etc. But through the wonders of the Internet I came upon this website called Jamplay that teaches the very basics up to the very advanced in guitar playing so I decided once I got the money I'd sign up for it.. Well I did about three weeks ago and it is awesome for the first time ever I understand music, and my fingers are all callused now . I'm so excited I'm hoping by this time next year I'll be Jamming with no problems and loving every minute of it even more than I do now.. The cool thing is that since my kids are seeing me practice everyday and they love the sound the guitar makes they want to learn so soon we'll get a guitar for them too, I can't wait.. I have now gotten my fingers conditioned to one hour practice time where as when I first started I could barely get through 5 mins. before I was ready to scream from pain..I just wish I could go longer.. Chad says it is now my new obsession, I always argue with him when he tells me that with a new project I start but this time I have to agree...I love playing my guitar..

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I remember when you got this gift from your sweetheart! Glad you are up to what it will take to play well -- hour a day is a great strat -- looking forward to hearing you play a song or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's great. Stick with it. We want our girls to play an instrument. But lessons are so expensive.

    ReplyDelete