He made a moment...

He made a moment...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Firsts!

Here are some of my FIRSTS that I did last week!
BEANS.... BEANS and MORE Beans....
I have snapped, broken, washed and jarred 57lbs of Green Beans (although I had 72lb to start with I had to throw away about 15lbs of beans because they went moldy) Chad bought me a pressure cooker and a ton of wide mouth jars!





This is the finished product 62 Quarts of Green Beans..... I'm happy!
VEGTABLES and FRUIT....
Then I planted Onions, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, watermelon, and cantaloupe in these starter kits that I got from the IFA! I found out that the growing season is two weeks less than even Laketown is, and Laketown is two weeks less than SLC so that means I lose a whole month of the growing season that I'm use too. Sad.. So I'm trying to make up for it by planting some early (we'll see, I hope it works)



Guess what it's been a week later and I'm seeing GREEN! WOW they are poking through can't wait until I can plant them outside!! SMILE!
APPLES...
And then I am dehydrating Apples, Now I've dehydrated apples lots of times before but never have I had 76lbs of Apples to do! My poor dehydrater has been going nonstop now for a little over a week and I'm just barely half way through the first box! sigh...what have I got myself into!!!
I have felt great satisfaction in accomplishing all this projects... I feel domesticated... smile!
If you were wondering where I got all these Apples and Beans it's from Bountiful Baskets...



No comments:

Post a Comment